Clayton Kershaw is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Los Angeles Dodgers of Major League Baseball (MLB). In addition, he holds three Cy Young Awards and was named the National League Most Valuable Player in 2014. For his humanitarian efforts, he received the Branch Ricky Award.
Clayton Kershaw’s net worth and salary are as follows:
Clayton Kershaw has a net worth of $110 million as a professional baseball player in the United States. Kershaw is a left-handed batter and pitcher for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Clayton Kershaw was born in March 1988 in Dallas, Texas. Clayton was a baseball player in Little League and at Highland Park High School. In high school, he threw an all-strikeout perfect game. He was the Gatorade National Player of the Year and USA Today’s High School Baseball Player of the Year while pitching for USA Baseball’s Junior National Team.
Kershaw was selected seventh overall in the 2006 MLB Draft by the Los Angeles Dodgers. He made his major league debut in May 2008 and has spent his entire career with the Dodgers. From 2011 to 2014, Kershaw was a four-time MLB All-Star. In 2011 and 2013, he was named the National League Cy Young Award winner. Kershaw earned the Triple Crown, the Gold Glove Award, and the National League Wins Championship in 2011. He won the National League ERA title from 2011 through 2013, as well as the National League strikeout title in 2011 and 2013. He got the Roberto Clemente Award in 2012 and the Branch Rickey Award in 2013. On June 18, 2014, Kershaw threw a no-hitter. He is actively involved in various humanitarian endeavors, including Hope’s Home, an organization dedicated to the construction of an orphanage in Zambia.
What is Clayton Kershaw famous for?
- As an American professional baseball pitcher with the Los Angeles Dodgers, he is well-known.
Clayton Kershaw pitched for the National League in a 4-3 loss against the American League in the All-Star Game on July 9, 2019.
Due to his poor pitching in All-Star games, he was blamed for the team’s loss.
When was Clayton Kershaw born?
Clayton Kershaw was born in Dallas, Texas, on March 19, 1988. Clayton Edward Kershaw is his given name. His nationality is American. His racial background is White. His zodiac sign is Pisces.
Christopher George Kershaw (father) and Marianne Kershaw (mother) are his parents (mother). He doesn’t have any siblings. His parents split when he was ten years old, and he moved in with his mother. His father was a musician, and his mother was the sister of Clyde Tombaugh’s brother, the Astronomer.
He grew up in Texas. He graduated from Highland Park High School and began playing baseball while still in high school. He went on to Texas A&M University after that. In 2006, he had a 13-0 record with a 0.77 earned run average (ERA) and 139 strikeouts.
He also competed for the Junior National Team of the United States of America in the Pan American Championship as a junior. In addition, he was named Gatorade National Player of the Year and High School Baseball Player of the Year.
- Clayton Kershaw began his professional baseball career by being taken seventh overall in the 2006 Major League Baseball(MLB) draft by the Los Angeles Angels Dodgers, with the highest signing bonus of $2.5 million at the time.
- He was assigned to the Dodgers of the Gulf Coast League (GCL), where he pitched 37 innings and struck out 54 hitters. He was promoted to the Great Lakes Loons in 2007 and went 7-5 with a 2.77 ERA.
- He was promoted to the major leagues by the Los Angeles Dodgers on May 24, 2008. His debut against the St. Louis Cardinals on May 25th was one of the most anticipated debuts for the Dodgers since 2005.
- During the 2009 season, he had a 2.79 ERA with 185 strikeouts. He concluded the 2010 season with a 2.91 ERA, 212 strikeouts, and 13 wins out of 23 appearances.
- He was chosen the Opening Day Starter for the 2011 season in 2011. After Sandy Koufax, he became the first pitcher in club history to strike out the side in the ninth inning. He had 21 wins and 248 strikeouts at the end of the season. After Dwight Gooden, he became the second-youngest pitcher to win the National League Cy Young Award. He was also honored with the Warren Spahn Award in the same year.
- On February 7, 2012, he signed a two-year, $19 million contract extension with the club. He was a part of the Major League Baseball All-Star Game in 2012. He came in second place for the Cy Young Award in 2012, losing to RA Dickey.
- He won his second Cy Young Award and the Warren Spahn Award in 2013. In 2013, he was chosen for the All-Star game once more. In the same year, he signed a seven-year, $215 million contract extension with the team, making it the wealthiest in MLB history.
- For the fourth year in a row, he was named the team’s opening day starter in 2014. He finished the season with a 1.77 ERA and 21 wins in 24 games. He was named the 2014 National League Most Valuable Player (MVP) after winning his third Cy Young Award.
- In 2015, he became the club’s fifth consecutive opening day starter. He struck out 1500 batters in his career on May 10th. He was the league’s 11th player to strike out 300 hitters in a single season. In 233 innings pitched, he had a 2.13 ERA and 301 strikeouts. He was injured during the 2016 season and was unable to play in all of the club’s games.
- He started for the club for the seventh time in a row on opening day. He became the second-fastest pitcher in history to reach the milestone of 2000 strikeouts. In 2017, he made his debut appearance in the world series. He was named to Baseball America’s All-MLB squad as a starting pitcher.
- He made his second World Series appearance in 2018. On May 6th, he had left biceps tendinitis. He had a 2.73 ERA and 155 strikeouts at the end of the season. He signed a three-year contract with the club, which was then extended for an additional $93 million.
- On July 9, 2019, he was a member of the National League in a 4-3 loss to the American League in the All-Star game.
How is Clayton Kershaw’s personal life?
Clayton Kershaw, an American baseball player, is married to Ellen Melson, his girlfriend. They married on December 4th, 2010. They started dating in 2003 and have been together ever since. Cali Ann is the couple’s daughter, while Charley Clayton is the couple’s son. Currently, his family resides in Dallas, Texas.
He also featured on the Fox television channel in an episode of the show “New Girl.” On the 10th of January 2012, he and his wife co-authored the book “Arise: Live Out Your Faith and Dreams on Whatever Field You Find Yourself.”
Their Christian faith was the subject of this novel. He donated all of the proceeds from the book to orphaned children and the underprivileged. He’s been raising money for an orphanage in Zambia and donating millions of dollars from his strikeouts this season.
How tall is Clayton Kershaw?
Clayton Kershaw, who is 31 years old, has a muscular frame. He is 6 feet 4 inches tall and weighs 100 kilograms (228 pounds).
He has a light skin tone, blonde hair, and blue eyes.
Quick Facts About Clayton Kershaw
|Celebrated Name||Clayton Kershaw|
|Birth Name||Clayton Edward Kershaw|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Dallas, Texas|
|Father||Christopher George Kershaw|
|High School||Highland Park High School|
|University||Texas A&M University|
|Net Worth||$40 million USD|
|Salary||$11 million USD|