Gina Carano is an actress, media personality, fitness model, and former mixed martial fighter best known for her 12-fight winning streak. She began her career as a Muay Thai fighter, and her aggressiveness earned her the title of “The Face of Women’s MMA.”
She’s also the first American woman to win a Muay Thai title in Thailand. She was placed fifth on a list of “Top 10 Influential Women” in 2008. Aside from her MMA career, Carano made her cinematic debut in “Blood and Bone,” a 2009 direct-to-DVD martial arts film, and has also acted in action blockbusters such as “Haywire,” “Fast & Furious 6,” and “Deadpool” (2016). Carano is now starring in the TV series “The Mandalorian” as Cara Dune.
She is also very active on social media, with over 341k followers on Twitter (@ginacarano) and over 1.1 million followers on Instagram
Gina Carano Net Worth:
Gina Carano professional career as a former MMA fighter and actress has paid her well. Carano has surely amassed a million-dollar fortune from her numerous wins, matches, and films, having been in the sphere of fighting, popularity, and recognition for over a decade.
Her net worth is reported to be in the millions of dollars.
What is Gina Carano Famous for?
- Famous as a former mixed martial artist remembered for her 12-1 record.
- Known for her portrayal as Riley Hicks in “Fast & Furious 6”.
Where was Gina Carano born?
Gina Carano was born in Dallas, Texas, in the United States, on April 16, 1982. Gina Joy Carano is her given name. Carano is of mixed race, with English, Scottish, and German ancestors. Her zodiac sign is Aries.
Gina Carano was born into an Italian-American household, the second daughter of Glenn Thomas Carano (father) and Dana Joy Carano (mother) (mother). Glenn, her father, is a former American professional football quarterback who spent seven seasons with the Dallas Cowboys.
Her parents split soon after, and she was raised largely by her mother, however her father was an important part of her upbringing. She grew up with two sisters: Casey, her older sister, and Christie, her younger sister.
Carano went to Trinity Christian High School in Las Vegas, Nevada, where she was a member of the girls’ basketball team that won the state championship. After a year at the University of Nevada, Reno, she went to the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, to study psychology for three years. She dropped out during her senior year to help her older sister through a difficulty.
Carano grew up in a household with an athletic background and, at the age of 21, she began Muay Thai training with Master Toddy, a four-time kickboxing champion, on the advice of her then-boyfriend Kevin Ross.
With his support, she succeeded in the sport with her drive, powerful punches, deadly elbows, hard kicks, natural strength, and agility, landing in ‘Fight-Club’ scenarios in San Francisco, triumphing against female combatants.
What Does Gina Carano Do For Living?
- Gina Carano won her first professional fight with a 12-1-1 record in Muay Thai. Then she fought Rosi Sexton in Las Vegas and knocked her out.
- On December 6, 2006, she defeated Elaina Maxwell in the first female Strikeforce match.
- Carano is a female boxer in the 2005 cult film “Ring Girls.”
- On February 10, 2007, she defeated Julie Kedzie in the first female Showtime bout.
- In September 2007, she defeated Tonya Evinger through rear-naked choke.
- Carano instructed combatants in the 2007 Oxygen reality series “Fight Girls.”
- The win came at EliteXC: Primetime on May 31, 2008.
- With strong kicks and strikes, she defeated Kelly Kobold in October 2008. As a result, she aided her
- Natasha Volkova, a Soviet commando and sharpshooter in “Red Alert 3”.
- “Blood and Bone” was released the same year. She was included in the ESPN Body Issue.
- On August 15, 2009, Cristiane ‘Cyborg’ Santos lost her MMA career in Strikeforce’s first Women’s Championship bout. But Carano lost against Santos.
- Carano made her feature film debut in 2011’s “Haywire” as Mallory Kane.
- In the Blood” (2012), she played Ava. Carano agreed to star in “The Expendables 2” in September of that year.
Gina Carano Boyfriend Kevin Ross:
Kevin Ross is Gina Carano’s boyfriend at the moment. Ross is a well-known American pro-Muay Thai fighter who introduced her to the sport in the first place. They have reportedly been dating since June 2015 and have had a good relationship since then. In addition, they previously had a four-year relationship and were apart for over a decade before reuniting.
She dated British actor Henry Cavill in August 2012, but their relationship didn’t continue long, and they split up in December 2015. She also dated martial artist Kit Cope.
Moreover, on Monday, June 30, 2020, Carano attacked Instagram, stating that the social media platform erased a naked photo she had posted to empower others. Carano’s post, however, was found to be in violation of Instagram’s community guidelines, and it was removed.
Gina Carano is a stunning woman in her 30s who is physically active. Carano has managed to win millions of hearts all across the world with her passionate approach to MMA and her powerful opinions. Her height is 5ft. 8inches (1.733 m), and she weighs roughly 65kg (143 lbs).
She has a well-kept athletic body shape measuring 32-26-32 inches, with a bra size of 32 B and a dress size of 10(US). Her skin is fair, and she has brown hair and brown eyes.