Jo Ling Kent, a prominent American journalist, is well known for his work as NBC News correspondent. She was formerly affiliated with the Fox News Network, where she served as a reporter for three years. She began her career as a web reporter for ABC News before switching to various TV stations.
Kent, a well-established newscaster and journalist, holds a double Master’s degree from Beijing University in Foreign Relations and the London School of Economics. With years of experience under her belt, she is currently NBC News Business and Technology correspondent.
Salary, Net Worth, and Major Sources of Income
Jo Ling Kent has made a good living from her journalism career. Her net worth is estimated to be more than $0.8 million as of 2021. According to certain internet sources, the average pay of an American journalist ranges from $150k to $200k, and we may guess that she will make somewhere in that area. She has a dog as well.
Furthermore, the NBC anchor is a frequent user of social networking platforms, with over 33.2k followers on Twitter and over 10.7k followers on Instagram as of 2021.
Jo Ling Kent’s Childhood and Education
Jo Ling Kent was born on May 11, 1984, in San Francisco, California, under the sign of Taurus. Her father is of American origin, and her mother is of Chinese descent, hence she is of mixed ethnicity. She is of mixed (Asian American) ethnicity and holds American citizenship. Shean Yen Janice Kent and David L. Kent are Kent’s parents. She is conversant in both English and Mandarin. She is also fluent in French.
Rice University awarded her a bachelor’s degree in history and policy studies. She is a Fulbright scholar in Beijing, according to reports. Kent also attended Peking University, where she earned a master’s degree in science in International Affairs. She went on to study at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
From Fox News to NBC, these are some of my career highlights
Kent began working for legal help for disadvantaged women and domestic violence in China. Later, after working as an associate producer for ABC in 2009, the 37-year-old began her journalism career. Prior to joining ABC, she worked as a reporter, covering a number of high-profile issues such as the Sichuan disaster and the Taiwan Olympics.
Following that, the news anchor began working as an investigative reporter for NBC News. In 2012, she was promoted to General Assignment Reporter and Campaign Embed Reporter. Kent has previously worked for Fox News Radio and Fox News Network. She is leaving her position as an NBC News correspondent in 2021.
Personal Relationships: Marriage, Husband, and Children
On August 22, 2015, Jo Ling Kent married Scott Conroy, a senior political correspondent for The Huffington Post. They exchanged vows at the Mountain View Grand Resort in Whitefield, New Hampshire. Kent revealed her first pregnancy on September 4, 2018, with a photo of her baby bulge on her Instagram account. And, according to her Instagram, the media celebrity and her husband welcomed their daughter in early October 2018.
Kent later revealed her second pregnancy in early 2021, and she gave birth to a daughter in May. On her Instagram account, which has 23.3k followers as of May 2021, the pleased mother publishes a succession of stunning images of her children.
10 truth about Jo Ling Kent
- Jo Ling Kent has a number of years of experience working in journalism. She found her start at ABC News, and was then recruited by the Fox Business Network before she landed on NBC News.
- Despite becoming a well-known writer, Kent is not yet on Wikipedia. However, a variety of various online platforms have featured it in their content.
- Born on 11 May 1984, Jo Ling Kent was 36 years of age as of 2020. The sign of her zodiac is Taurus.
- She was born to a Chinese mum, Shean Yen Janice Kent, and her American dad, David L. Kent. Born and raised in the United States, Kent is a national of the United States.
- Several online outlets say the journalist’s salary differently. However, there is insufficient evidence from a credible source about her income and net worth.
- On her Twitter account, she has enormous followers touching almost 50k. An avid consumer, Kent posts daily tweets on her official current affairs website.
- She’s married to Scott Conroy, who’s a writer. Her husband is a senior political correspondent for The Huffington Post in New York City.
- Bringing pleasure to her blissful marital life is the lovely daughter of the pair, Mira Ling Conroy.
- Kent can speak English, Mandarin and French fluently.
- The magnificent journalist, with 18.7k followers, is also present on Instagram.
Facts of Jo Ling Kent
|Name||Jo Ling Kent|
|Birthday||11 May 1984|
|Parents||Shean Yen Janice Kent & David L. Kent|
|Children||Mira Ling Conroy.|
|Education||Peking University; London School of Economics|