Joan Collins is an English actress, author, and columnist best known for playing Alexis Carrington on the primetime television show “Dynasty” (the most popular series in the United States in the 1980s). Her portrayal of Alexis earned her considerable acclaim and renown, as well as a Gloden Globe award, establishing her as an international sensation. Collins began her career as a stage performer at the age of nine and made her feature film debut as a beauty contestant in the film “Lady Godiva Rides Again.” She has since progressed to become one of the most well-known actresses.
She has also written a number of novels, nonfiction books, and autobiographies, including the best-selling novel “Prime Time.” She was also named a Dame by Queen Elizabeth II in 2015 for her contributions to the charity. Collins was even given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in recognition of his achievements. She has also been dubbed “England’s most beautiful girl,” “the most beautiful woman in the world,” and “the sexiest woman in the world.”
What is Joan Collins’s Net Worth?
Joan Collins has a sizable net worth as a result of her acting career. Collins began her career as a stage performer at the age of nine and has since progressed to become one of the most well-known actors in her decade-long profession. Her appearances in films and television shows are undoubtedly her source of income. Her net worth is estimated to be around $30 million, including her earnings.
Collins kept her eighth-floor New York City condominium on the market for $2 million in 2021. She also sold her West Hollywood condo for $4.5 million in 2017.
What is Joan Collins Famous for?
Her performance as Alexis Carrington on the TV soap opera “Dynasty” made her famous.
Early Life, Family and Education
Joan Collins was born in London, England, on May 23, 1933. Dame Joan Henrietta Collins is her given name. Her country of origin is the United Kingdom. Collins is of White ethnicity, and her zodiac sign is Gemini.
Joan Collins was the eldest child of Joseph William Collins (father) and Elsa Collins (mother) (mother). Joseph, her father, was a Jewish talent agent, and Elsa, her mother, was an Anglican dancing instructor. Joan had two younger siblings, Jackie, a novelist, and Bill, a real estate agent, with whom she grew up.
After graduating from Francis Holland School, a ladies’ school in London, she went on to study acting at the “Royal Academy of Dramatic Art” (RADA). She began her acting training at RADA when she was 16 years old, and a year later she was signed to the “Rank Organisation,” a film studio.
Joan Collins’s Career Highlights:
- Joan Collins began her acting career at the age of nine, when she made her stage debut in Henrik Ibsen’s play “A Doll’s House.”
In 1951, she made her feature film debut in “Lady Godiva Rides Again,” as a beauty pageant.
- Her following roles were as a Greek maid in “The Woman’s Angle,” a British drama, and as a gangster’s moll in “Judgment Deferred,” both in 1952.
Collins got her start in the film “I Believe in You,” in which she played a juvenile delinquent (1952).
- “Decameron Nights,” “Cosh Boy,” “Our Girl Friday,” “The Good Die Young,” “Claudia and David,” and “The Skin of Our Teeth” are among her subsequent films.
- She secured a seven-year deal with “20th Century Fox,” a Hollywood studio.
Collins made her Hollywood debut in “The Virgin Queen,” a magnificent historical epic (1955).
- She was cast in the leading part of Evelyn Nesbitt in “The Girl in the Red Velvet Swing” the same year.
- She appeared in one more Fox picture, “Esther and the King,” a biblical epic (1960).
- After a hiatus in the 1960s, she returned in 1972 to play Joanne Clayton in the horror film “Tales from the Crypt.”
- She appeared in a number of television shows, including “Batman,” “Star Trek,” “The Virginian,” and “The Danny Thomas Hour.”
- Collins rose to prominence after starring in the racy novel “The Stud” in 1978. It was so popular that it spawned a sequel, “The Bitch,” in 1979.
- In 1981, she received her biggest break as Alexis Carrington on the TV soap opera “Dynasty.” She wore the shoe for over eight years, until 1989.
- She appeared in the feature films “Nutcracker,” “Paper Dolls,” and “The Wild Women of Chastity Gulch” while filming Dynasty.
- Collins made her Broadway debut in a successful revival of “Private Lives” as Amanda (1990).
- From 2014 to 2017, she appeared in the British sitcom “Benidorm” as Crystal Hennessy-Vass on a regular basis.
- From 2015 to 2018, she portrayed Alexandra, Grand Duchess of Oxford in the American primetime television soap opera “The Royals.”
- In 2017, she made her comeback to the big screen with a leading role in the British comedy-drama “The Time of Their Lives.”
- She’s also a published author, with best-selling novels such as “Prime Time” and “My Secrets.”
Joan Collins’s Wife:
Joan Collins has been married a total of five times. Maxwell Reed, a Northern Irish actor, was her first husband. The pair married on May 24, 1952, in a unique way because it was after he reportedly assaulted her. Their relationship, however, did not survive long, and they divorced in 1956. She began dating Henry Warren Beatty, an American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter, three years later, and they were engaged in 1960. It didn’t last long, either; Collins was pregnant by Beatty, but she chose to terminate the child in order to focus on her profession.
Anthony Newley, an English actor, singer, and songwriter, was her second husband, whom she married in 1963. Tara and Alexander, the couple’s two children, were born to them. In 1971, their marriage came to an end. Ron Kass, an American businessman, recording executive, and manager of The Beatles, was her third husband, whom she married in 1972. Collins had a daughter named Katyana Kennedy Kass with Kass. Their marriage terminated in 1983 as well.
Soon after, she married Peter Holm, a former pop singer, in a Las Vegas ceremony on November 3, 1985. Their relationship was likewise short-lived, as they divorced in 1987. Percy Gibson is her fifth and longest-lasting marriage; they married on February 17, 2002, at Claridge’s Hotel in London. For nearly 19 years, the couple has shared a happy life together.
In addition, the couple narrowly averted a fire at her London flat in Eaton Place in 2019, which they both happily survived. Collins has also taken on the role of grandma to her three grandchildren.
Joan Collins’s Height:
Joan Collins, even in her eighties, is a stunning woman with a well-kept body. With a height of 5ft. 6inches, she is quite tall. Her height is 1.68m, and she weighs roughly 65kg (144 lbs). Joan’s body measurements are 35-24-35 inches, with a bra size of 35B, a dress size of 4(US), and a shoe size of 6(US). Her skin is fair, and she has brown hair and green eyes.
You may also like Ederson Moraes.
Wikipedia – JoanWiki
Quick Facts About Joan Collins
|Celebrated Name||Joan Collins|
|Nick Name||Joan Collins|
|Birth Name||Joan Collins|