Marlo Thomas is an actress, producer, author, and social activist from the United States. She is best known for her role in the iconic sitcom “That Girl.” Thomas is known for her role in the award-winning children’s franchise “Free to Be… You and Me” as well as her children’s album “Marlo Thomas and Friends: Thanks & Giving All Year Long,” for which she won a Grammy Award.
She has received four Emmys, a Golden Globe, a Peabody Award, and a Grammy Award over the course of her four-decade career, as well as the “Presidential Medal of Freedom” in 2014. In addition, Thomas is a member of the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame. Thomas is also active on social media, with accounts such as @marlothomas on Instagram and @MarloThomas on Twitter.
What is Marlo Thomas’s net worth?
Marlo Thomas professional career as an actress, producer, and writer has earned her a lot of money. Working in this industry for over five decades, she has amassed a million-dollar fortune through her numerous films, television shows, and books. Her net worth is believed to be around $35 million.
What is Marlo Thomas Famous for?
Where was Marlo Thomas Born?
Marlo Thomas was born in the United States on November 21, 1937, in Detroit, Michigan. Margaret Julia Thomas is her given name. Her country of origin is the United States of America. Thomas is of White descent, and her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
As the eldest child of Roman Catholic Lebanese American comedian Danny Thomas (1912 – 1991) and his wife, the former Sicilian American Rose Marie Cassaniti (1914 – 2000), Marlo grew up in a well-to-do household. Danny, her father, was a well-known comedian, musician, actor, producer, and philanthropist who received numerous awards over the course of his five-decade career, including a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
She grew up in Beverly Hills, California, with her two younger siblings: Terre, her sister, and Tony Thomas, her brother, who is now a television and film director.
Marlo attended Los Angeles’ Marymount High School before enrolling at the University of Southern California and receiving a teaching degree.
She also studied drama at the HB Studio in New York City’s Greenwich Village. Thomas also belonged to the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. She started her career as a schoolteacher before moving on to become an actress.
Marlo Thomas’s Career Highlights:
- Marlo Thomas debuted on CBS’s “Zane Grey Theatre” in the late 1950s.
- Post-Bonanza, Thomas starred in TV shows such as McCallum’s Navy, Arrest and Trial, The Joey Bishop Show, Dobie Gillis, 77 Sunset Strip, and The Donna Reed Show.
- Thomas debuted on Broadway in Neil Simon’s “Barefoot in the Park” in 1965.
- Her ABC role was in “Two’s Company.” In “That Girl,” she played Ann Marie. She stayed on till 1971.
- In 1972, Thomas released “Free to Be… You and Me.”
- A Family” with Christopher Cerf in 1987.
- She was a California delegate in 1972. Thomas co-founded the first women’s fund in the US in 1973.
- Thomas starred in the 1976 NBC sitcom “The Practice” opposite her father Danny Thomas. I felt their connection.
- Sandra Green was Jennifer Aniston’s mother on “Friends” from 1996 to 2002.
- Thomas made her film debut in 1970’s “Jenny.”
- Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo (1999), Playing Mona Lisa (2000), LOL (2012), and Cardboard Boxer (2013). (2014).
- Her role in Nobody’s Child earned her an Emmy in 1986.
- A few of her other off-Broadway credits include “Love, Loss and What I Wore”.
- A Family, The Right Words at the Right Time, Volume 2: Your Turn, and Marlo Thomas and Friends: Thankful Also Year are all bestsellers.
- “New Year’s Eve” starred her with Keith Carradine in 2008.
- Thomas works for her late father’s St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis.
- For women aged 35+, Thomas introduced MarloThomas.
Awards and Honors:
- 4 Emmy Awards
- 1 Golden Globe Award
- Grammy Award 1
- 1 Jefferson Award
- Peabody Award 1
- Women in Film Lucy Award
- Presidential Medal of Freedom(the highest honor an American civilian can receive)
Who is Marlo Thomas Married to?
Marlo Thomas was previously married to late playwright Herb Gardner for a long time. They dated from the late 1960s until the early 1970s, when their relationship ended.
She met her future husband, Phil Donahue, a well-known media personality and journalist, in 1977 while appearing as a guest on Phil’s television talk show, “Donahue.” Thomas and Phil, who was divorced at the time, fell in love at first sight.
They married on May 21, 1980, after dating for three years and having a beautiful wedding. They chose their wedding date based on their birth dates, which were November 21 for Marlo and December 21 for Phil, making it 5/21. In the current COVID-19 pandemic, the couple is celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary this month, in May 2020.
Thomas is the stepmother to Donahue’s five children from his first marriage: Michael, Kevin, Daniel, Mary Rose, and James. They never had a child together, though. She previously dated Henry Kissinger and Ron DeBlasio.
How Tall is Marlo Thomas?
Marlo Thomas is a stunning woman in her eighties. Despite being in her mid-80s, Thomas maintains a slender body. 35-28-36 inches is her body measurement. Her height is 5ft. 4inches (1.633 m), and she weights about 56kg (123 lbs). Her skin is fair, and she has blonde hair and brown eyes.