Ongina is a social activist and drag performer from the United States. She is well-known for her work as an HIV activist. She is also the host of the LogoTV show HIV + Me.
Ryan Ong Palao was Ongina’s birth name. Her birthplace is the Philippines, and she currently resides in Los Angeles, California. RuPaul’s Drag Race’s first season catapulted her to popularity.
She is an inspiration to all drag performers since she was one of the first drag queens. She also came in fifth position in the first season. Her success, on the other hand, had an effect on her audience, and her fan base has grown rapidly since then.
Later, in the fifth season of RPDR, she made an appearance as an All-Star. She made a grand entrance into the show. In addition, she claimed to be the creator of RPDR.
In 1982, Palao was born in the Philippines. In 1994, he and his family moved to Seattle, Washington. Peck-Peck Galore was his previous drag name before Ongina. He began performing in drag in 2003 at Lucky Cheng’s, an Asian restaurant where he worked alongside the then-unknown Laverne Cox.
Palao is a proud gay man. On April 13, 2006, he was diagnosed as HIV-positive. He currently resides in Los Angeles. Palao is a part of the Epic Voices movement, which aims to find a cure for AIDS by 2030 and re-engage the dialogue about the disease.
Career and Drag Race
Ongina was one of nine contestants chosen for the first season of RuPaul’s Drag Race, which premiered on February 2, 2009. In the fourth episode, where she won her second challenge, she revealed her HIV status. She was eliminated in the next episode after losing a lip sync battle against eventual winner BeBe Zahara Benet to Britney Spears’ “Stronger.”
She made a guest appearance on the first season of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars outside of season 1. In November 2017, Ongina was a featured artist in Queens United, a benefit show created by Phi Phi O’Hara in an attempt to raise funds for people affected by Hurricane Maria. She also made five appearances in the first and second seasons of RuPaul’s Drag U.
In the season 11 premiere of Drag Race, she participated as a guest for the first challenge.
Ongina appeared in The Black Eyed Peas’ “I Gotta Feeling” music video from 2009. The RuPaul’s Drag Race: Dragopolis 2.0 mobile game featured an animated version of her. In September and October 2018, she appeared in three episodes of the WOW Presents web series Fashion Photo RuView with Mayhem Miller, filling in for Raja and Raven. In 2019, she performed as a backup dancer for Nico Tortorella on an episode of Lip Sync Fight.
Ongina played at Motor City Pride in June 2019 and later that year at Virginia Pridefest, which was headlined by Betty Who.
Ongina was revealed as one of ten queens competing on the fifth season of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars on May 8, 2020. She was the second queen to be eliminated from the competition, finishing in ninth place.
As part of ViiV Healthcare’s annual Community Summit in November 2020, Ongina hosted “Constellations of Change,” a live-streamed cabaret show.
Ongina: 10 Interesting Facts
- Ongina (born January 6, 1982) is a social activist and drag performer from the United States. She is well-known for being a bald drag artist.
- Ryan Ong Palao is her real name. Her middle name, Ong, has inspired her stage name.
- She is a 38-year-old woman. Her zodiac sign is also Aquarius.
- Her exact height isn’t specified. She’s probably about 5 feet and a few inches tall.
- For the time being, her net worth is unknown.
- When it comes to her family, her parents’ names aren’t on the list. She, on the other hand, is of Filipino descent.
- Ryan was born a child, which explains her sexuality. He discovered his female characters, however, and publicly admitted to being homosexual.
- Ryan began her career as a drag queen. She was one of the RPDR’s founding members.
- She is actively involved in the fight against HIV, a sexually transmitted disease. She is also the presenter of a show that raises awareness about the disease’s spread.
- Finally, she has about 366 thousand Instagram followers.
Facts of Ongina Aka. Ryan Ong Palao
|Name||Ongina Aka. Ryan Ong Palao|
|Birthday||January 6, 1982|
|Age||38 Years Old|
|Profession||Drag Performer and social activist|
|Net Worth||Under Review|
Hope you enjoy the article & suggest your queries