Troy Merritt is a professional golfer from the United States. Merritt competes on both the PGA and Web.com Tours. He became professional in 2008 and has already won the Quicken Loans National and the Barbasol Championship on the PGA Tour. On the Korn Ferry Tour, he has also won one event. Merritt ranked 82 for the first time in his career in 2016. He is now ranked 86th as of July 2021.
He went at Winona State and Boise State for college golf.
What is the Net Worth of Troy Merritt in 2021?
Troy Merritt makes a living as a professional golfer. Prize money, contracts, and endorsements are all sources of revenue for him. In 2020, he made just over $1 million, and he’s already made nearly $2 million halfway through the 2021 season. He has earned a total of $11,097,552 since his PGA Tour debut. His current net worth is estimated to be approximately $2 million.
What is Troy Merritt Famous For?
- Professional golfer from the United States.
Where is Troy Merritt From?
On October 25, 1985, Troy Merritt was born. He was born in the United States, in the town of Osage. He is a citizen of the United States of America. His father, Mark Merritt, and mother, Zoe Merritt, gave birth to him. He is of Caucasian ethnicity and follows the Christian faith. Scorpio is his zodiac sign.
His family relocated to Minnesota, where he attended Spring Lake Park High School and played golf. Merritt attended Winona State University after graduating from high school. He continued to play golf there until his sophomore year, when he transferred to Boise State University. For Boise State, he was named first-team All-WAC. In the second round of the District VII Shootout, he shot a 62 (-9), tying the school record for a low round score.
Troy Merritt Professional Career:
- Troy Merritt began his career in 2008.
- His first win on the Nationwide Tour occurred in September 2009, when he won the Mexico Open by defeating Adam Bland on the first hole of a playoff with a 20-foot birdie putt. His triumph netted him $117,000 in prize money.
- In December 2009, he won every round of the PGA Tour Qualifying Tournament. With a score of 22-under-par, he beat veteran Jeff Maggert by one stroke.
- In 2010, he finished 125th on the PGA Tour and secured the final slot to keep his card.
- In April 2015, he finished third at the Heritage on Hilton Head Island, earning $401,200.
- At the 2015 Quicken Loans National, he won for the first time on the PGA Tour.
- With a 61 in the third round, he also set the course record at Robert Trent Jones Golf Club.
- At 18-under 266 he won his first PGA Tour event by three strokes.
- At the 2018 Barbasol Championship, he won his second PGA Tour event. He came out on top by a single stroke.
- After winning the 2018 Barbasol Championships less than two weeks later, he required emergency surgery to remove a blood clot that had spread from his chest to his bicep.
- At the 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic, he tied for second place with J. Niemann.
Who is Troy Merritt Wife?
Troy Merritt is a husband and father. Courtney Merritt is the American golfer’s wife. In 2010, the couple married. Dodge and Scout, the couple’s two children, were born to them.
The family resides in the city of Boise, Idaho.
How Tall is Troy Merritt?
Troy Merritt is 6 feet tall with a height of 1.83 meters. He weighs roughly 160 pounds, or 73 kilograms. He has a muscular physique. His eyes are a light brown tint, and his hair is black. His beard is kept long. He has a straight sexual orientation.
Quick Facts About Troy Merritt
|Celebrated Name||Troy Merritt|
|Birth Name||Troy Merritt|
|Place Of Birth||Osage, Iowa|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Famous For||American professional golfer|
|University||Winona State University and Boise State University|
|Career Start||Turned professional in 2008|
|Awards||Won his first PGA Tour, the 2018 Barbasol Championship|
|Son||Dodge and Scout|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft)|
|Weight||160 lbs 73 kg|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Prize Money, endorsements (golfer)|